Followers

Friday 26 October 2018

Visible Image Stencils, Decoart Paints, Pentart Crackle Paste, Pentart Embossing Paste.




Hello my friends,

It's Fabulous Friday, and this week there has been spooky goings on in my craft room. As Halloween is looming, I've made a scary card using a couple of the awesome Visible Image Stencils, just to show that you can use a stencil for a foreground image.


The stencils I used for this card were......
Skull Shadow and Dark Hearts, and I used some of the words from You are not Alone stamp set.
I placed the Dark Hearts stencil, onto a piece of white card, and went through it with some black embossing paste using a palette knife, I removed the stencil, then added some sparkly black embossing powder to the wet paste, and heated it up using a heat tool, I added some colour to this, using a brush, and some Decoart liquid acrylics, making a watery wash, over the embossing. I then made drips of thick red paint, to look like blood, ohhhhh how gory !!!!


Taking the Skull Shadow stencil, and a piece of white card, I traced the main image, and fussy cut it. Using the Pentart Crackle, which is a two part crackle, I coated the skull with a thin layer of the primer, and dried with my heat tool, I then added a thick layer of the Crackle paste, and again dried it with my heat tool, the crackles are amazing.
I used more Decoart liquid acrylic paints, adding water for a light wash, and coloured thee skull, using red around the teeth. When it was dry, I shaped it, and added it to some black card with 3D glue Gel, then cut around the card, leaving a small border.


I heat embossed the sentiment onto black card, with red powder, but it didn't show up, dohhhhh, so I drew around the letters with a white pen (I don't like to waste anything, lol )



This last photo shows all the dimension, ohhhh and I found an eerie eye in my stash, and added it for a bit of drama !!!!!
Check out all the 'Visible Image' places of interest to visit......

The SHOP, where you can find all the Visible Image Stamp collections.
The BLOG, catch up with all the Visible Image news.

The FACEBOOK GROUP, where you can enter the 'Show and Tell', the theme for October is 'Colours of Autumn' for a chance of winning £40 on new Visible Image goodies.

The FACEBOOK PAGE, where there are exiting weekly giveaways.

and the three social media sites......


Thanks for visiting, hugs, Pauline xxxxx 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I think I would rather be alone lol. This is a fabulous halloween card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't particularly like skulls and the like on cards, but I am so impressed with how you made this and the fantastic effects you created.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauline ,,,, I LOVE this xxxxx

    ReplyDelete