Followers

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Dreamweaver Peacock feather stencil, Imagination Crafts Sparkle medium and Distress inks.



Hi again,

I've got a bit of making up to do, blog wise, so here's another post.

This was one of the only projects I made on my lovely holiday, as the weather was too good not to enjoy the seaside, lol.

It is an 8"x 8" Birthday card.



For the main image I used a fab Dreamweaver metal stencil. 
(which I found in a sort craft shop in Poole, it sold loads of other stuff too, I could have stayed in there for ages, in fact I think I did, lol )
 I daubed some gorgeous sparkle medium, made by Imagination Crafts, in two colours, through the stencil with a plastic knife, ( all mod cons eh !!!) 


The background was the same stencil, only I dabbed Distress inks through it, again in two colours.
 As I hadn't taken any coloured card with me on my holibobs, I again used Distress inks, but built up the colour gradually, around the edges of some white card, which I cut to size before starting, to give the impression of block coloured card. I then layered the feather image and the sentiment on top of it.


A very simple but effective card, I hope you'll agree, the sparkle medium really gives it a punch of bling.

Thanks for visiting, I do appreciate it, 
and please leave me a comment if you have the time.
See you soon,

Hugs,
Pauline
xxx

21 comments:

  1. Oh this is so beautiful Pauline, love the feather stencil, and love the colours you've used, really stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I love the beautiful background and the feather looks fabulous as the main feature.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, lovely card
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that feather stencil - beautiful card!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the feather, it looks so real. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo love that stencil Pauline its gorgeous. Love the card its really pretty huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely beautiful pastel card. The feathers in the background are gorgeous, but nothing compared to the sparkle medium on as the main focus.

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Pauline, love the fabulous main image x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pauline this is stunning hun, fabulous image and love those 2 colours they go so well together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful Pauline and although I have a ton of Dreamweaver stencils, I haven't got his one (now must get it!) lol. I love the 2 colour effect on the feather and the way you have done the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the images xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous hun, lovre those colors and the feather stencil is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Pauline, but I can't believe you were actually crafting on holiday......blogging or trawling round craft shops....yes! but not actual crafting....you're mad! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning.Beautiful card and colour, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Bloggers Network Facebook page hugs Tania (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I certainly has a punch of bling, I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, I love how you used the stencil in different ways to create different layers for your card.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! I love feathers and you've used my fav colours too! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely, lovely card with beautiful colours - my favourites, actually!"

    ReplyDelete